How To Help
Other ways to donate or help:
1. Make a direct wire transfer, including to our project accounts in Cambodia. Contact us for transfer details
2. Send a check: Mail a check or US/international postal money order payable to “KEAP” in USD to:
P.O. Box 657
Crestone, CO 81131
Specify project you wish to support or write “general support.” Donations in the United States are tax-deductible.
4. Donate Materials: Buddhist books, tapes, and other materials in Khmer or also English and French (“Learning English through Buddhism” materials especially welcome); email@example.com.
5. Fundraise: Please coordinate with KEAP’s home office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Serve: Volunteer with KEAP in Cambodia, teach or be a project advisor: email@example.com
Help make a difference in the moral, spiritual, and cultural recovery of Cambodia that honors and strengthens the Buddhist ethos and spirit of the Khmer people.
Through our locally-run main office in Battambang, KEAP serves as a bridge between Buddhist & non-Buddhist donors abroad and local beneficiaries in Cambodia. An “international friends of Buddhism in Cambodia,” KEAP does not implement projects but provides technical and financial assistance to local implementing partners. We promote local self-reliance and project sustainability by in part reminding Cambodians of their own Buddhist self-help principles.
As a donor, you select the local project or projects you wish to support. We encourage direct communication between donors and beneficiaries as a means of promoting people-to-people contact, moral support, and the exchange of ideas. Also consider paying a site visit to the project. The source, quality, and spirit of material support are valued as much as the material support itself.
KEAP operates with low overhead costs and a flexible structure geared to meeting local needs. Our program support and administrative costs, including allowances for local staff, are covered by a 10 per cent deducted from your donation. KEAP welcomes large and small gifts, each of which represents a vote for Buddhist renewal through culturally-sensitive educational activities. Consider an unrestricted donation to KEAP to help defray our carrying costs.
KEAP is registered both in the State of Colorado (USA) as a tax-exempt 501c3 not-for-profit corporation for charitable educational purposes, and the Royal Government of Cambodia.